Sunday, January 7, 2007

Old Man

Why do I feel like I'm falling apart at 35... It all started Christmas Day night... after the food... The 9 year old (lil jake) and the 14 year old (justin) and me the 13 year old trapped in the body of a 35 year old (Syn) went to lil jake's bedroom and were playing video games... I was winning... Of course... they dog piled me as the nephews do and I of course, being older, stronger, wiser stood up off the bed with them on my back... OMGoddess... I realized when my head started swimming, the cold sweat, my legs buckling, and the sharp pain in my back that I may have done some damage... I threw them off my back and made my retreat, backing out of the room, slowly with no sudden movements... I will not show weakness... I will not give them an opening to exploit...
As the evening is winding down I say my goodbyes and head back to Atlanta... I'm House/Dog sitting over the holidays... Someone else's bed with 2 dogs shoved in your back, standing on your feet all day during the busy Holiday season... Not a good thing... Im standing, walking, and grunting like an 85 year old...So I get a call from Sister Cinny mother of the 14 year old... She ask how I am and tell her the whole story... Big Sister mode kicks in... A little mothering, but also major payback for the Meat Cookies incident... She and The 14 year old have taken to calling me The Old Man... Great.
So 5 chiropractic and 2 massage therapy (Big Hands) visits later... I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking...

No comments: